By Earma Brown
Have you been dreaming of writing a book this year? According to a recent survey the New York Times reported, 81% of people feel that they have a book in them and should write it. Why not join the list of authors who acted on that thought?
Writing a book is a great way to position you to charge higher fees, create additional income streams and go on more vacations. A book will expand your exposure, add credibility and increase your opportunities for adventure. Still not convinced? Here are 7 more exciting reasons you should write a book now:
1. Write a book now; for now is better than later. Kill procrastination by acting now. Sign up for a course? Read a good book about book writing. Sketch out your book writing plan. Remember you become a successful author the minute you start moving toward your worthwhile book goal. I don't know anyone that regrets they wrote a book. But I know plenty of people that regret they didn't do it sooner.
2. Extend your reach to the world. When your book is ready for purchase, many people will get it from all over the world. With your extended reach, opportunities for you to interact with people outside of your local area will come. Write a good book; make it easy for your subscribers and customers to tell their friends and associates. Remember, referrals always make the best customers and bring a higher rate of sales.
3. Write a book and go places you've never gone. At the least, your book will travel to countries and places you've never gone. Better yet, add speaking about your book's topic to your list of services and watch new doors and opportunities for you open. Either way, writing your book will open opportunities to go places you may not get to go any other way.
4. Write a book and create multiple income streams. Don't just plan a one book event but plan a series of books. It's important to expand your thinking to the possibilities after your book is published. Plan to produce articles, books and updates that help your readers and help you profit from your passion. Each new book or related material will create new profit opportunities, further enhance your visibility and reinforce your credibility as an expert.
5. Write a book and become famous. Grow your name to fame. Write a book filled with success experiences that motivate your audience to give more, do more or share more. Share your experiences to inspire your audience. Share how you overcame seemingly insurmountable challenges in your field. It will motivate your audience to think if you did it; they can do it too.
6. Write a book and make your mother proud. Intertwine stories into your non-fiction manuscript. Entertain your audience, make them laugh; they'll love you for it. Best of all, your family, your friends and your mother will be so proud to tell all their friends about your book.
7. Write a book and get paid higher fees. Writing a book elevates you to expert level. You gain instant credibility just by having author behind your name? And that added credibility gives you the power to increase your fees to expert level up to 400% and more.
Are you ready to join the ranks of successful authors? You don't have to call your family to tell them you'll be late again today. You won't even have to pull in more people to help you work harder. I can't think of a more opportune way to change your bottom line and even your life than by writing a book. Go ahead; write your best book now and prosper.
Earma Brown, 12 year author and business owner
helps small business owners and writers who want to write their best book now! Earma mentors other writers and business professionals through her monthly ezine "iScribe." Send any email to email@example.com for free mini-course "Jumpstart Writing Your Book" or visit her at Book Writing
Article Source: Artipot